Medium Shallow Jute Basket
This Medium Shallow Jute Basket by sustainable textiles brand ReSpiin is a flat bottomed practical basket with many uses in any home. It is a natural jute colour which is finished with a soft grey rim. These bowls are useful in the kitchen or dining room for storing napkins, condiments and other sundries. Or why not tidy up your dressing table by filling your jute bowls with hair products or jewelry? You can even pop a potted plant in one to stylishly enhance your living room.
These jute bowls are perfect for the stylish and environmentally responsible consumer. Made from a combination of jute and seagrass, these are some of the benefits of using these sustainable materials in the manufacturing process:
- Jute plants are easy to grow and do not require pesticides and fertilisers.
- They have a growth cycle of 4-6 months.
- During growth jute plants take in three times more CO2 than the average tree.
- The leaves and roots of the plants enrich the soil by adding micro nutrients.
- Jute is 100% biodegradable.
More About ReSpiin:
ReSpiin is a homeware brand that has been created to showcase stylish recycled and renewable textiles.
It has been exciting to see the developments in sustainable textiles over the last few years, and we felt it was time to bring together some of the most innovative materials under one brand. Each material we use has a story to tell – whether that is about the way it grows or the journey it has been on.
ReSpiin is also about working directly with pioneering producers who add the most value possible to the materials they have to work with. Finally, we have visited each of the producers and have seen first hand how they take pride in what they produce and in how they treat their workforce.
- Medium grey rimmed basket: 8.5 cm by 21 cm diameter approximately.
- Wipe clean; not suitable for use in very damp environments.
- Made in Bangladesh.
To keep up to date with the new Cornish Gems Shop follow us on Instagram.
You may also like Beach Jute Basket Set here.